Steps To Ensure Adequate Sunblock Application
With summer approaching fast, if you are out and about make sure you follow these 5 simple steps to make sure you dont find yourself missing out on the fun!
- Use a sunblock with an SPF of AT LEAST 30. Anything less will not provide maximum sunblocking powers you need!
- Have a buddy or total stranger apply sunscreen to those hard to reach places, this also works as a conversation starter!
- Dont forget your feet! The burn too!!
- If you are bald, dont forget to apply sunscreen to your head at least every 15 minutes.
- Last but not least, make sure to re-apply sunscreen if you are in water or sweating for long periods of time.
Types of Protective Clothing
The best way to protect yourself from getting too much sun this summer is to wear the most protective, and still comfortable, clothing possible. Here are some items I can't leave home without in the summer, especially when im headed to the beach.
- Baseball Caps (men)
- Large Fancy Opening Day Hats (ladies)
- Visors FOR THOSE WITH HAIR!!
- Long Sleeve Shirts
- Light weight and wont be super hot
- Maximum upper body sun protection after a long day of exposure.
- Light weight loose fitting cotton pants.
- Closed-toe Shoes or Socks
Important Terms for Skin Safety
- Actinic Keratosis:
- The most common skin condition caused by sun damage. It is the result of skin being damaged by the sun over many years.
- Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA):
- The bodys genetic material.Damage by the sun is what ultimately can lead to cancer.